maanantai 22. kesäkuuta 2015

Living in Lund: Gylleholm

N.B: This entry is a part of a series of student accommodation reviews directed at new students looking for apartments in Lund. Lund(on) Times is not affiliated with AF Bostäder, LU Accommodation or any other apartment rental service. More visual material may be added in the future. Click on the photos to enlarge them.

Gylleholm is one of the smallest complexes in the AFB has to offer. Resting right between Ulrikedal and Parentesen, the location bears all the amenities and drawbacks of southern Lund. What Gylleholm can offer is nothing particularly unique, but it just may be the ultimate hideaway while still retaining a somewhat central location in town.

A former resident of Gylleholm, Therese, was kind enough to provide us with some brief insight as to how life was in her studio apartment:

"I lived in Gylleholm for almost one year. I only considered Gylleholm as a place to stay, since I wanted to stay in a one room apartment and not in a corridor-room. So at the time, when I was looking for a place to stay, this was the best option for me. It seemed to be a nice apartment and I liked the location, and it is the only AFB apartment I've stayed in. It was a bit small but it worked for me. A good place for one person to stay at."

With only 48 apartments in a space roughly the size of two tennis courts, Gylleholm gives new meaning to the phrase "secluded student living". Yet with Parentesen right next door, noise pollution might shatter this ideal. Therese says this was not really a problem though:

"The area was calm and quite, but sometimes you could hear the parties from Parentesen. But it wasn't that bad and it never bothered me."

Much like in other single apartment complexes, interaction with neighbors was limited.

"I did not have any contact with my neighbors since I hardly ever met them," Therese recalls the level of social cohesion. "All apartments have their own entrances as opposed to corridors, so I actually almost never met my neighbors. But a friend of mine also stayed there too, so we hung out of course." 

As most people living in single apartments, Therese was mainly happy to not have to live in a corridor. Other problems were negligible. 

"There wasn't anything that was really bad but it got a little bit cold during winter. But maybe I have myself to blame since I never complained about it. Maybe they could've turned up the heat or something. The location was definitely the best feature."

The room had a floor surface of 22.3m² and cost about 3,900 SEK per month. However, Therese believes the current rent must be up to 4,000 SEK already. Unfortunately, Therese had no photos of her former apartment, but we can assume it is pretty similar to the rest of the rooms AFB has to offer.

Click here for AFB's information on Gylleholm. Location on map.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti